帶寶寶看牙,你會和他說的英文,蛀牙、涂氟、洗牙、補牙……
提示您本文原始標題是:帶寶寶看牙 , 你會和他說的英文 , 蛀牙、涂氟、洗牙、補牙……
GOING TO THE DENTIST
看牙
I. Getting Ready for the Dentist 為看牙做準備
Mom: Good morning, today you and your brother have a dentist appointment.
媽媽:早上好 , 今天約好了帶你和哥哥去看牙 。
看牙醫需要預約的情況在美國比較普遍 , 在不需要預約的中國國情下 , 可以說:
Today you are going to the dentist.
Today you are going to see the dentist.
Today you are going to have a checkup with the dentist.
Child One: I don't want to go to the dentist.
孩子一:我不想看牙 。
Mom: Oh no, why not?
媽媽:啊 , 為什么呀?
Child One: I don't like it.
孩子一:我不喜歡 。
Mom: I know but we need to go so the dentist can check your teeth for cavities.
媽媽:我知道 , 但是咱們去了牙醫才能檢查你的牙齒 , 看看有沒有蛀牙啊 。
Cavities讀作['k?v?tis] 。
You will get to sit in a big chairand then the dentist will give you a big sticker when you are all done!
你可以坐在一個大椅子上 , 看完牙以后 , 牙醫會給你一個大大的貼畫!
因為椅子大 , 所以這里用in , 普通的椅子用on 。
Child One: Okay, I will go, but will you stay withme and holdmy hand?
孩子一:好的 , 我去 , 但是你會陪著我 , 拉著我的手嗎?
Mom: Yes, of course I will.
媽媽:好的 , 我肯定會的 。
II. Waiting for the Dentist 等待看牙
Mom: There is the dentist's office.
這里是牙醫的辦公室 。
如果醫生是在某診室 , 用:
There is Consulting Room 2.
這里是2號診室 。
Let's go tell the nice lady at the front deskthat we are here.
咱們去告訴前臺的阿姨咱們到了 。
(1) 英語里喜歡和孩子說nice lady、nice man來增加孩子對即將接觸的大人的親切感 。
(2) Front desk = reception = reception desk 前臺
Then, we have to wait for them to call our number.
然后咱們等著他們叫咱們的號 。
Here is the waiting roomwith chairs to sit on.
這個是候診室 , 有椅子可以坐 。
There are some books and magazines we can read while we wait.
這里有一些書和雜志 , 咱們等著的時候可以看 。
Look, there are even some toys to play with.
看 , 那邊還有玩具可以玩 。
Receptionist: The dentist is ready to see you now.
前臺:牙醫現在可以給你們看了 。
III. Getting a Checkup at the Dentist 檢查牙齒
Dentist: Hello! How are you today?
牙醫:你好!你今天怎么樣?
Can youclimb ontothis big chair for me so I can look at your teeth?
你能爬到大椅子上 , 讓我給你看看牙嗎?
(1) Climb通常與onto連用 。
(2) 中文里說“你給我”怎樣怎樣會顯得你生氣了 , 是一種不禮貌的說法 , 但在英文里說for me是很正常的 。
I'm just going to have a look with this little mirror, is that okay?
我一會兒就用這個小鏡子看 , 好嗎?
Great, now I need you to open your mouth really widefor me so I can see those teeth.
好的 , 現在我需要你把嘴張得特別大 , 這樣我才能看見牙 。
They look great!
看著還不錯!
There're no holesin your teeth.
你的牙齒上沒有洞洞 。
通常用There're no holes in your teeth , 而不是There's no hole in your teeth 。
You're doing a good job brushing them.
你牙刷得不錯 。
Now I'm going to cleanyour teethwith these special tools.
現在我要用這些特殊的工具給你洗牙 。
洗牙英文里不說wash your teeth , 而說clean your teeth 。
They might tickle your mouth a little.
它們可能會讓你的嘴有點癢癢 。
And then I will put some fluorideon your teeth to keep them healthy and strong.
然后我會在你的牙上涂氟 , 讓它們更健康、更堅固 。
(1) Fluoride讀作['fl?raid] 。
(2) 比較一下幾個表達牙齒堅固的詞:
Strong:整體牙齒健康、堅固
Firm:指牙結實地長在牙齦里 , 如:
Since you are young, your teeth are firm in your gum.
因為你還年輕 , 牙齒堅固地長在牙齦里 。
Sturdy: 指牙齒密度大 , 能咬硬的東西 。
Your teeth are not sturdy enough to bite it open.
你牙齒沒那么堅固 , 別想著用牙把它咬開 。
Well done! Here is your sticker.
好樣的!給你一個小貼畫 。
Child One: Thank you!
孩子一:謝謝您!
Mom: You were a very brave girl.
媽媽:你很勇敢 。
用過去時were表達孩子“剛才”的表現很勇敢 。
I am very proud of you.
我真為你驕傲 。
Now it's your brother's turn.
現在該你哥哥了 。
IV. Getting a Filling 補牙
以下內容改編自Usborne繪本Going to the Dentist Sticker Book , 原著為英式英語 , 本文為美式英語 。
Dentist: I found a hole in one of your teeth.
牙醫:我發現你的一顆牙上有洞 。
You need afilling.
你得補牙 。
I'll rub on some anestheticto make your tooth numb.
我會給你抹一些麻藥 , 讓牙失去知覺 。
(1) Anesthetic讀作[,?nis'θ?tik] 。
(2) 涂藥通常用rub , 但涂護膚霜通常用put 。
Let me clean the bad part of your tooth.
我把牙上壞的部分清理好 。
Child Two: What's this tube for?
孩子二:這個管子是干什么用的?
Nurse: The suction tubewill keep your mouth dry.
護士:這個吸水管能讓你的嘴保持干燥 。
Here is the filling material.
這些是填充物 。
如果是一種填充材料用material , 如果是多種 , 用materials 。
The dentist will put the filling into the hole.
牙醫會把填充物填到洞里 。
Dentist: All done! No more toothache now.
牙醫:好了!以后就不會牙疼了 。
Have some mouthwash. Rinseand spit!
含一口漱口水 。 漱一漱 , 然后吐掉!
V. Taking Care of Teeth 愛護牙齒
Dentist: I'll show you how to take care of your teeth and what will happen if you don't take care of them properly.
牙醫:我來教你們如何愛護牙齒 , 還有如果不好好愛護牙齒會怎樣 。
Take care of是愛護;protect是保護 , 如:
The fluoride in the toothpaste helps protect our teeth.
牙膏里的氟可以幫助保護我們的牙齒 。
Sweetsand sodasare bad for teeth.
甜食和碳酸飲料對牙齒不好 。
Sweet和soda的復數形式指各種類型甜食和碳酸飲料 。
英式英語用sweet foods和fizzy drinks 。
Nurse: Let me show you how to brush your teeth correctly.
護士:我來教你們正確的刷牙方法 。
Dentist: Remember to brush your teeth every night before bed and every morning after breakfast.
牙醫:記住每天晚上上床之前、早上吃早餐之后要刷牙 。
這里是有文化差異的 , 咱們中國人大多數是在起床后 , 也就是早飯前刷牙 , 但西方人通常是早飯后刷牙 。
We'll see you next time.
咱們下次再見 。
- 「母嬰和育兒」原創寶寶鼻腔深處有鼻屎,嘗試各種方法后,最后這樣做成功了
- 「母嬰和育兒」原創寶寶和大人睡?給寶寶睡嬰兒床?到底哪個選擇才是對的?
- 【小思媽媽營養餐】脆到開口跪,真魚真蝦,寶寶吃多少都放心!
- 曉露爸爸@原創“紅臉寶寶”火了,兩個臉蛋紅的像蘋果,網友:不會是喝奶喝醉了吧
- #寶寶樹#疫情下的新生寶寶:出生14天吸引百萬粉絲,笑一下400萬人點贊~
- #萌寵治愈師#寶寶哭了柴犬馬上跑過來看,頭卻卡在了欄桿中,狗:可望而不可及
- #寶寶呵護#寶寶晚上老是翻身睡不好,其實是身體里缺這個!
- 【鯤鵬創意氣球】寶寶宴現場氣球如何布置
- 「長脖子爸比」寶寶出生后醫院為啥要留下一個腳印?醫生可能不會說,但你要清楚
- 佳林母嬰大世界■寶寶為什么晚上睡不穩覺?
